Travel writers wanted: Wellington Travcom Event
Wellington Travcom Event, 25 October – Wine ‘n’ Cheese & Slide-show Spectacular
Please register by 19th October
The Wellington Travcom committee are pleased to invite you our second event for 2011
- Want to network with fellow travel communicators while eating cheese and drinking wine or juice?
- Want to socialise with fellow travellers while eating cheese and drinking wine?
- Want to kick back and relax while four fellow travellers present a Pecha Kucha-style slide show
(Pechakucha is 20 slides – with only 20 seconds per slide – we guarantee there’ll be no yawning or nodding off. And who knows, next time it could be you. It’s a good excuse to hone your public speaking and brush up on Power Point – key travel communication skills, right?) see more here
See and hear:
- Heather Hapeta on “How I turned men into monks”
- Sarah Bennett on “How I became a travel writer”
And, photographers Nick Servian and Chris Coad on a topic of their choice.
We will also be discussing plans for 2011 so bring your ideas, wants and desires for Wellington Travcom 2012
The where and when
- Time: 6pm on Tuesday 25 October, Agostini Room (4th floor; nibbles & drinks served)
- Place: Museum Hotel, 90 Cable Street (near Te Papa). Street parking available.
- Cost: Travcom members $10; non-members $15.
- Register with and send cheque to: Helen Davies, Travcom administrator, at 2B Pukehana Avenue, Epsom, Auckland 1023. Ph: 09 624 5707
- OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to use internet banking or have any queries.
- Register by 19 October.
This event has been organised by the Wellington branch of the Travel Communicators’ Association.
Further info: Sarah Bennett (email@example.com); Judith Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Heather Hapeta (email@example.com)