Travel quotes – do you agree (or not) with these?
April 29, 2012
- If we are always arriving and departing, it is also true that we are eternally anchored. One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things. Henry Miller
- The wise man’s home is the universe. Democrites
- Those who visit foreign nations, but who associate only with their own countrymen, change their climate, but not their customs; they see new meridians, but the same men; and with heads as empty as their pockets, return home with travelled bodies, but untravelled minds.Charles Caleb Colton
- People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home. Dagobert D. Runes
- There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it. Cesare Pavese