Hope you enjoy some of these … from a list of many I love
- ‘The five reasons for travel, given to me by Sayyid Abdullah, the watchmaker: “ to leave ones troubles behind one; to earn a living; to acquire a learning; to practice good manners; and to meet honourable men’ Freyer Stark in A winter in Arabia 1940
- Travel magnifies and intensifies life. It allows you the opportunity to recapture a feeling of wonder, innocence and youth and depending on how vulnerable you are willing to become, it can also deliver a profound experience of unreality that can rattle your most basic beliefs. Eric Hansen. The traveller
- “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
- “You will have more fun on your vacation if you maintain a mental age of 18 or less. Act just old enough to make your travel connections and stay out of trouble.” – Joe Schwartz
- “Your travel life has the aspect of a dream. It is something outside the normal, yet you are in it. It is peopled with characters you have never seen before and in all probability will never see again. It brings occasional homesickness, and loneliness, and pangs of longing… But you are like the Vikings who have gone into a world of adventure, and home is not home until you return.” – Agatha Christie (1890 – 1976)
- ‘And to write about it he had to be that little bit detached, to be always of his life’s quirks and contradictions, its simple truths and its messy corners; it’s universality’s and its idiosyncrasies. When it was a bitch and when it was good. He had to chew on life and extract the juice, not swallow it whole.’ The Grass Memorial by Sarah Harrison. P. 510.
- Tourism philosophy – We believe that tourism can be positive experience for communities if income and benefits are shared and are used to support the community into the future. In addition each tourism experience should be a positive cultural exchange and learning experience.Sign at Yeak Laom Lake, Cultural & Environment Centre. Cambodia.
- Never regret growing old, millions are denied the privilege; Oscar Wilde is reputed to have said.